We are extremely proud of our successful Apprentice Technician Training Programme. We employ around 8 apprentices every year which we train and develop in partnership with the Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB).
We work in partnership with industry organisations to deliver our training; including Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education and Middlesbrough College.
Training for the future video
If you are interested in becoming part of the future workforce of ENGIE Fabricom in the UK via our apprenticeship technician training scheme, please see ECITB Apprenticeships for full details on how to apply.
Boost your career prospects by learning from industry experts in state-of-the-art higher education facilities, while enjoying the security of a full-time job with an employer who believes so strongly in your potential that they’re prepared to invest in your future.
ENGIE Fabricom’s degree apprenticeship offers the perfect blend of an internationally-recognised degree from Lincoln University, and valuable work experience from a leading and well-established engineering construction Company, with a strong reputation.
Your university tuition fees are paid by ENGIE Fabricom, and you’ll be paid a good salary too that could mean a debt-free university experience, whilst you achieve a full bachelor’s degree, developed by ENGIE Fabricom and Lincoln University working in partnership.
The ENGIE Fabricom degree apprenticeship combines working full-time with studying part-time, and will take six years to complete. You’ll study using block mode learning (where you take periods of full-time study away from your full-time work).
A relatively new and growing development for vocational higher education in England, degree apprenticeships are designed to propel students into the world of work and fill high-level skills gaps by tailoring learning to specific business needs.
Who’s a Degree Apprenticeship for?
The ENGIE Fabricom degree apprenticeship is for anyone who’s passionate about engineering, and who’s looking for an alternative route to gaining a degree, without the high tuition fees and student debt.
You can even enrol on a degree apprenticeship if you’ve already got a degree.
Key Benefits of a Degree Apprenticeship
- You’ll have a full-time permanent role from day one, with a competitive salary
- You’ll study part-time for your degree through Lincoln University, whilst being able to put your new skills into practice in your day-to-day role
- You’ll work in a diverse and supportive environment, with a well-established and respected employer
- ENGIE Fabricom sponsor all of the costs of your degree, so you’ll get the best of both worlds, with all the benefits of a job with a prestigious Company, and those of being a student at Lincoln, a TEF Gold Standard university
- You’ll study for a BEng Honours degree in either mechanical, electrical, or control & automation engineering, whilst applying what you’re learning, and making an impact in one of our exciting roles
Wondering what the catch is? There isn’t one (you just need to be as passionate about engineering as we are).
You’ll also require a full UK driving licence and access to a car, as well as having the right to work in the UK.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- Passion for engineering
- Ability and willingness to travel to different offices, sites and Lincoln University
- Highly numerate
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Excellent team working and communications skills
To be eligible, you’ll need:
- 7 GCSEs at grade 5 to 9, including Maths, English, and Sciences
Plus, one of the following:
- 3 A*-C at A-level (including Maths, and one of the Sciences/or Engineering)
- Complete Advanced Apprenticeship
- BTEC (minimum of Merit)
About ENGIE Fabricom UK Limited
With over 40 years’ experience in the engineering construction industry, we’ve established an extensive portfolio of successful multidiscipline project deliveries to a wide variety of UK industry sectors.
We provide high value consultancy, engineering, project management and construction expertise across various industry sectors, made possible by our professionally trained employees.
Through our values of professionalism, integrity, trust and team spirit – and the quality of our skilled workforce – we continue to build on our reputation for providing innovative solutions for our clients to achieve their objectives without sacrificing our key principles of quality and safety.
How to Apply
Send your CV and a letter of application explaining why you want to do a degree apprenticeship with ENGIE Fabricom to the following email: email@example.com
It’s essential that you state your grades (or predicted grades) on your CV for all relevant qualifications, as this is a requirement for the programme. Failure to meet the criteria ahead of your start date may result in your offer being retracted.
If your application for a degree apprenticeship is shortlisted, you’ll be invited to an Assessment Centre consisting of a few group and individual exercises that are designed to facilitate you to be your best. The assessment centre will then be followed-up with interviews at a later date; we’ll keep you updated at every stage of the process.
If you’d like more information on ENGIE Fabricom’s degree apprenticeships, please give us a call on 01469 550514.